It is very easy to get pleasure and maximum benefit from drinking coffee. Read the professional advice on how to drink coffee correctly.
Coffee advice 1
Drink no more than four cups a day. According to European standards (EFSA), it is permissible to consume up to 400 mg of caffeine per day. One cup of filtered coffee (Americano) contains about 70 mg, espresso contains about the same amount – 75 mg.
Coffee advice 2
Don’t drink more than two or three cups at a time (maximum-200 mg of caffeine) – the recommendation of the same EFSA (European Food Safety Authority).
Coffee advice 3
Drink coffee only after you have had your meal. The fact is that the drink contains acids that stimulate the production of gastric juice. Therefore if you drink coffee on an empty stomach – gastric acid instead of food, corrodes the walls of the stomach which leads to ulcers and other problems.
Coffee advice 4
Coffee improves memory BUT ONLY if you do not exceed the dosage of caffeine. Drink two cups a day and you will remember the information better. But keep in mind that excessive use of caffeine gives the opposite result.
Coffee advice 5
The best time for coffee is 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-17.00. This rule applies to people with an “office” lifestyle, those who get up about 7-9 hours and go to bed about 24 hours.
Choosing the taste and type of coffee
When choosing a product pay attention to the smell, the uniformity of the grains, the manufacturer (Vietnamese, Turkish product).
For those who want to lose weight we advice green coffee because it is made of non-roasted beans.
Rules of cooking and drinking
Only a hot drink made from freshly ground grains is considered to be prepared correctly. You can brew coffee in:
- Jezve on low heat, bringing only to the formation of foam, not allowing it to boil.
- Espresso machine. A strong drink will be brewed in such a machine. The portion of caffeine in it is twice as much as in the prepared in the Jezve.
- For a French press you will need coarse-ground coffee. To avoid bitterness, it is infused for no more than 4 minutes.
Important: fresh, unboiled water is used to prepare the drink.
You should drink your coffee in small sips, immediately after brewing.
What can be served with a cup of coffee?
- Espresso (Italian) is served with ice cream, rich nut cookies.
- Strong coffee in the Eastern style is served with cold water. A drink prepared according to African or Arabic recipes is served with oriental sweets, candied fruits, dried fruits.
- Coffee with milk (latte, cappuccino) is good with cakes, croissants, cupcakes.
- Americano is usually accompanied by pastries and various desserts.
- Alcoholic beverages may be added to the coffee for flavor. For 150 ml of coffee – 1 tablespoon (tablespoon) of cognac, liqueur.
It is reasonable to serve sweet coffee drinks with unsweetened grain cookies, salty crackers.
Gourmets combine coffee with expensive cheeses.
Sugar is not added to coffee. Sweetness is allowed only for the drinks made from very dark roasted grains (Cuban, Mexican).